To register for Iwi of Origin Click here
He Oranga Poutama - Stairway to Wellbeing
Tirohanga Whanui - Overview
The He Oranga Poutama programme has a goal of “increasing participation and leadership as Māori in sport and traditional physical activity at community level”
He Oranga Poutama ki Tamaki have a team of seven that cover the Tāmaki Makaurau Region. The six Kaiwhakahaere and one Kaihautu work across the four Regional Sport Trusts - Counties Manukau Sport, Sport Waitakere, Harbour Sport and Sport Auckland. He Oranga Poutama ki Tamaki have three key outcomes which are:
• kaiwhakahāere participating as leaders in their community
• increased opportunities for whānau to explore, learn and participate as Māori in sport and traditional physical recreation
• revitalisation and further development of sport and traditional physical recreation.
He Oranga Poutama ki Tamaki have a particular emphasis on five key settings in Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland). Those settings are Kohanga Reo, Kura Māori, Wharekura, Marae and Māori Sporting Organisations. He Oranga Poutama ki Tamaki also work closely with the Tāmaki Makaurau Regional Sports Trusts (RSTs) with a particular focus on developing and fostering tikanga Māori within those RSTs.
To find out more about HOP, what we do and who we do it for, select one of the links below:
About Us - find out what the HOP team does
Our five key settings - see what support we offer to the following settings
1. Kohanga Reo - Early Childhood Education for under-fives
2. Kura - primary and intermediate schools
3. Wharekura - secondary schools
5. Māori Sports Organisations